Kirix Support Forums

Question about exporting

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Question about exporting

Postby fafcodev on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:30 pm

I am trying to figure out if what I want to do is possible before I buy this product. I have the task of collecting data from this site:

http://www.arizonagoessolar.org/Utility ... rvice.aspx

What I am looking for is the information on the "Installations" tab, including the info that is displayed when one clicks the plus symbol in the details column. I would like to get all 640 pages of data, preferably without clicking "next" 640 times :-). I am looking to get this into some format that I can put into an MSSQL database for analysis. Is this possible withthe Kirix browser? If so, how difficult will it be to script? Any suggestions appreciated.
fafcodev

Re: Question about exporting

Postby Ben on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:54 am

Hello,

We don't yet have a script binding to allow an automated script to press the "Next" button for you. We've realized this is something that our customers might want, so we've slated this for a future version. Unfortunately at this time, the data has to be available in one .csv file or on one web page.

There are workarounds, depending on how the URL syntax of the web page works. For instance if the URL contains some kind of page indicator, then you can almost certainly automate it.

/page1
/page2
/page3

All the best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback