Kirix Support Forums

wxAuiManager::AddPane odd behaviour

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxAuiManager::AddPane odd behaviour

Postby veteran on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi folks,

If noticed some strange behaviour while I'm adding a custom wxPanel to the AuiManager via AddPane. I try do decribe the problem short: When AddPanel is called (w/o a subsequent call to wxAuiManager::Update) in the top-left corner of the main frame managed by AuiManager, a small white rectangle (16x16) will be displayed first for about 1-2 sec. (time depends on controls it contained). It seems I could watch all controls beeing created, and then, finally the real pane is shown up. It doesn't matter whether it's initially floating or not.

It is bug, or am I doing a programmatically logic mistake?

Greetings
verteran
veteran

Re: wxAuiManager::AddPane odd behaviour

Postby veteran on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello Communitiy,

Lastly I've found additionaly out, after the first loading of a specific wxAuiManager pane this behaveiour simply vanishes away, because the close button doesn't destroy the pane but hide it, if you like to show it again the pane wont be recreated. I'm now on the way to track down the rectangle issue by looking arround to find a way for hidden pane creation and activation (showing) later.

Greetings verteran
veteran

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback