Kirix Support Forums

How to get tall-left pane?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

How to get tall-left pane?

Postby dleewo on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:38 pm

I have 3 panes and I want the left pane to take up the entire left die and the other two to be on the right, one above each other.

If I dock the left pane to the LEFT and the right ones to the TOP and BOTTOM, I get this:

I have tried all kinds of combinations, but I just can't get the left pane to take up the entire left side. Can this be done?

I have tried use LEFT for the left and RIGHT for the other 2 panes, but then I get a gap in the middle as I have no center. I tried using CENTER for the two panes, but then I can't resize them.
dleewo

Re: How to get tall-left pane?

Postby Ben on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:57 pm

dleewo wrote:I have 3 panes and I want the left pane to take up the entire left die and the other two to be on the right, one above each other.

Hello,

You need to set the Layer to 1. The inner-most layer is 0, and layers increase as you move outwards (like an onion). If you are using the simple versions of AddPane(), you will have to switch to the more advanced versions of AddPane-- the one that takes a wxPaneInfo. For the left pane, specify a layer of 1, and you'll most likely get what you want.

If you can't get it, post here again, and I'll help you.

All the best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby dleewo on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:58 am

Just wanted to let you this worked great. I did play around with the layers in my previous attempts, but I didn't know how the numbering worked. Once you stated that layer zero was on the inside, I was able to get the layout the way I wanted.

Thanks
dleewo

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback