Kirix Support Forums

Cant dock any windows

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Cant dock any windows

Postby Chris Jones on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:55 pm

hey

ive just upgraded my app to wxWidgets 2.8 and, ive just noticed that if i undock any managed windows (by moving them with the mouse), i cant actually dock them anywhere, including the place where i took it from.

the wxAUI sample works but i cant work out whats going wrong

any suggestions?

thanks

Chris
Chris Jones

Postby Aaron on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 am

We've run into this problem with left-handed mouse settings (right mouse button is primary).

You can see if this is the same problem you are experiencing by switching back and forth between the left and right handed mouse settings, and trying to dock and undock the managed windows, making sure to restart the AUI sample each time you switch.

Is this what you see?
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby Chris Jones on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 am

do you mean changing to right mouse click through windows control panel->Mouse

or in code somehow?

i tried changing it through control panel->Mouse and when i dragged the panes, they will undock, but wont dock... also, it doesnt even bring up the faint blue graphic to show you where it would be docked, nothing happens at all.

i also tried with an older version of wxAUI, before it was put in with wxWidgets 2.8, that has the same problem :(

i cant tell if its the way im doing my app or if its wxWidgets/wxAUI. ive encountered so many problems with my app (all because its not in an exe, theres only a wxApp in the exe, the rest is in a dll.. this is so i can allow plugins to be created, they can link to my sdk dll etc)

i guess i can try moving all the code back into the exe and see if it works.
if it does, then can u suggest what could be wrong? i havent tried everything with wxWidgets, but most things like using Xrc, creating windows etc works.

thanks
Chris Jones

Postby Chris Jones on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 am

ugh, i just put all my code inside the dll and everything works fine now, panes dock/undock properly, and my bug where my app crashed on shutdown is gone too.

i dont know whether this is a good or bad thing

anyway, thanks for you help
Chris Jones

Postby Chris Jones on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm

ok, its fixed, i found that the problem was caused by me building wxWidgets into static libs, and seeing as both my exe and my sdk dll (and even including my plugin) linked to them, there multiple versions in memory (i think), this caused me loads of problems, and obviously made wxAUI not work properly

but, now im using wxWidgets dlls instead, and everything works
Chris Jones

Postby Aaron on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 am

Excellent!
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback