Kirix Support Forums

Using wxWC to extract links

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Using wxWC to extract links

Postby xzminx on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:58 pm

hello all!

In an app I'm building I need to extract all links from an URI (actually provided as HTML with JS, maybe later PHP too). So actually I dont need the wx part of this, but just the JS engine and DOM manipulations, including events like onmouseover and such.

I've checked V8 engine (chrome) and SpiderMonkey engine (mozzila) but they do not include DOM and events which are handled by other ways in their respective browsers.

I might get it wrong, but I'm wondering if this is the tool i need, or if you guys with more experience on the matter could give me some pointers toward other tools/libraries.

PS: im working in C++ and the result should be a shared library.

Thanks all.
xzminx

Re: Using wxWC to extract links

Postby jonmmorgan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 am

wxWebConnect is a GUI library, and is intended to be a GUI library. Internally it is linking to XULRunner. It doesn't even have very good support for executing Javascript from C++ code. With this being the case, I doubt it would be a good fit for a stand-alone library that just wants the Javascript / DOM engine.
jonmmorgan

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback