Kirix Support Forums

Question with Quick Reports

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Question with Quick Reports

Postby woodb on Tue May 06, 2008 12:49 pm

The quick reports looks pretty nice. My only problem is that they always generate with all the data in my file. I've created a filter that only show 42 entries. If I highlight a couple of columns and then create a quick report, that report has all the entrieis, it's ignoring my filter. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Brian
woodb

Re: Question with Quick Reports

Postby Aaron on Tue May 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Brian,

The quick report is designed to "get you going", but doesn't yet carry over the sort and filter from the table on which you base the quick report. Using the table's sort and filter would make the quick-report even more useful, so we'll add this to the list of feature requests and include it in the next update.

However, you can create reports that have sorting, filtering, grouping, joins, and various calculations, such as sub-totals and totals; but you'll need to base the report off of a query, rather than a table. Strata has a query builder that you can use by selecting File > New > Query.

Then, whether you're starting from a quick report or a new report (File->New->Report), you can set the report data source and other report settings in the Report Settings Panel, which can be opened from the left-most icon on the report toolbar. To create a report with a sort and filter, simply set the data source to the query you've created and then set the sort and filter information you desire in the query.

Second, to design a report, switch to the report design view by clicking on the design/layout view toggle on the far right of the main toolbar, and you'll see the section-based design view of the report. Then, in the report design view, change the design of the report like you would a spreadsheet: type values into cells, using =[fieldname] for the fields, or simply drag the fields from the field list onto the cells; move cells around by cutting-pasting or dragging them; format cells by selecting them and setting their properties from the report toolbar; resize columns and rows by dragging the column and row headers; then view the report in layout view by switching clicking on the design/layout view toggle again.

In Kirix Strata, you can design rich reports very quickly, so reports are definitely worth investigating more. See here for more information: http://www.kirix.com/help/docs/designin ... eports.htm.

Please let us know if you need additional help!

Best,
Aaron
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback