Kirix Support Forums

Position of a docking wxAuiFloatingFrame

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Position of a docking wxAuiFloatingFrame

Postby mikael.delsol on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:51 am

Hello,
I found a "problem" when we are going to dock a wxAuiFloatingFrame

Actually, if we speicifed Fixed() or Resizable(false) to disable the possibility to the user to resize the panel, when we have a wxAuiFloatingFrame that we want to dock, if we are near or on the edge of the main window, the docking altitude is where we are.
I mean, I can dock the pane at the Y position I want. So the dock pane is not entire visible.
I hope you understand me.
All i would like to do is to forbide the resize of the docked pane so if you have any other possibility instead of Fixed() or Resizable(false), tell me please.

Thanks,
best
mikael.delsol

Postby Ben on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi,

First of all, Fixed() and Resizable(false) are the same thing (I think you know that, but just making sure). Sadly, MaxSize isn't completely for docks. Size constraints often work in one direction only because the size negotiations that happen with multiple panes inside one dock.

However, I was looking at this very thing today, and I think there's an easy way to implement what you're looking for. I would set a pane's MinSize and MaxSize to the same value. After my patch is committed, I think this would deliver what you're looking for.

Do you think this is a viable solution?

Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby mikael.delsol on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:03 am

bwilliams wrote:Hi,

First of all, Fixed() and Resizable(false) are the same thing (I think you know that, but just making sure). Sadly, MaxSize isn't completely for docks. Size constraints often work in one direction only because the size negotiations that happen with multiple panes inside one dock.

However, I was looking at this very thing today, and I think there's an easy way to implement what you're looking for. I would set a pane's MinSize and MaxSize to the same value. After my patch is committed, I think this would deliver what you're looking for.

Do you think this is a viable solution?

Ben

Actually; if we can forbide the resize and if the docking behaviour is the same as when we don't forbide the resize, it's ok, I hope you understand well that there was a docking bug when we use Fixed()/Resizable(false).

best
mikael
mikael.delsol

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback