Kirix Support Forums

Importing Web Form Data - dropdown lists?

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Importing Web Form Data - dropdown lists?

Postby lavajumper on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 am

We are trying import form data from our web sites. Kirix is great for this but we're having one problem. The information coming in from drop-down lists is placed in a single record(a good thing) but with no data separator.
Some of the drop-downs have 50 options, and it is not obvious what is what. i.e.

demodemoadmin

is it demo,demoadmin or demodemo,admin or demo,demo,admin

Is there anyplace to tell Kirix to add a delimiter?

TIA
lavajumper

Re: Importing Web Form Data - dropdown lists?

Postby Aaron on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:42 pm

I definitely see your issue; however, as far as I know, there's no way to set the delimiter in the interface. Do you have a publicly available link that I could reference to see if there's a workaround?
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby Ben on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 am

Another viable option is to import the data as one column, and then split out the data via a calculated field. I could imagine using the STRPART() function to achieve this.

All the best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby lavajumper on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:40 pm

I've been looking for a link that does this, and have had no luck. The info we're trying to recover is from one of our internal servers. Here's a bit of the source page in one of the frames:
Code: Select all
<tr class="ListTR"><td>&nbsp;</td><td>DemoUsers</td><td>demoadmin</td><td><select name="groupUsers" class="SelectField"><option value="demo">demo</option><option value="demoadmin">demoadmin</option></select></td><td align="center"><a href="/nsepn/servlet/ManageGroupGUI?vid=dataaccess&username=dataaccess&grpName=DemoUsers" class="listlink">Manage</a></td></tr>

A couple of notes:
-This is one row from a table of about 35 rows
-The table is ALL ONE LINE in the source, no spaces or linefeeds
-Other forms on the site which the options have linefeeds between them in the source have a space as a delimiter.

I'm pretty new to Strata, and haven't had time to poke at it much. I'll try playing with the functions this weekend.
lavajumper

Return to Strata Help & Feedback