Kirix Support Forums

Bug restructuring tables

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Bug restructuring tables

Postby Geoff_H on Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 am

Hi,

I am testing Strata 4.4 to see how it might help me in my work. I am often called upon in my work to change field names around. For example address fields 1, 2 and 3 are often named incorrectly. Add 1 is not the primary address, but Add 3 is, and so forth.

If I try to change more than one field name at a time, one of the fields will end up being saved twice and another left out all together.

For example, if I change Add 1 to Add 3 and Add2 to Add 1 and Add 3 to Add 2 without saving the table after each change, then WHAM! the fields are messed up. Since the table has been saved, another import and re-do is required. I feel that this is a bug because any desktop database will accomplish this same thing, keeping field names and data straight, in one save.

Thank you,

Geoff Hollander
Geoff_H

Re: Bug restructuring tables

Postby Ken on Tue May 24, 2011 11:54 am

Hi Geoff,

This is actually a GUI bug rather than a database bug (though, either way, quite annoying). Do the following:

1) Change your fields in the Design View as you've been doing.
2) When you go back to the table view, your fields appear to be missing.
3) Go to the Fields panel (View > Fields Panel or use the panel icons on the bottom left) and simply drag the "hidden" fields onto your grid. The hidden ones will be the ones that you changed.

Basically, when you change multiple fields that were previously used, Strata is only showing one of them on the screen and hiding the rest of them. Clearly, it should recognize this change and show the fields as changed.

Best,
ken
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions