Kirix Support Forums

Are these features planned for future releases ???

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Are these features planned for future releases ???

Postby lib_team on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:49 am

Hi I’m a member of a team which would like to use your nice wxAui framework in our application.
The purpose is to get a windows docking system which looks like the one used in Visual Studio.
However we would like to know if the following features are planned and if you could give me time estimations it would be nice too 8)

Here's the features we d'like to use in our application and which lacks currently in wxAUI

- Several windows (Floating or not) can be stacked into only one notebook window (Floating or not) with several tabs, each tab containing the frames from the windows.
- Frames within tabs can be moved as tab on other windows or be just dropped as new windows.
- Floating windows can from a windows group when they are not over the main window.

Thanks
lib_team

Re: Are these features planned for future releases ???

Postby Ben on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 am

We call this feature 'tabs'. It's not done yet, and we're not currently coding it. Unfortunately we're pretty busy just fixing wxAUI bugs, so I can't yet give you an estimate on when we'll develop this feature. I can assure you that it is something that we want.

I know someone else out there has compiled a large patch to do this. It was discussed on this forum a few months back, so I'd speedread the last few weeks of posts to find it.

My big requirement for this feature is that it plays along with our perspective loading and saving mechanism. If you want to take a crack at coding it, I'd be most happy. It shouldn't be very hard to do.

All the best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby Ken on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:39 am

I think this may be the post Ben is referring to:

viewtopic.php?f=15&p=1101
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby lib_team on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:37 am

Hi

Thanks for your answer ben.
It's great to know that you will continue to improve wxAUI.
However In the meanwhile my team will need some of the features described above,
that's why my team is already studying the features of the patch made by huge
and those of the wxIFM framework.
When wxAUI will get these features we will probably switch back on it.

Thanks
lib_team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback