Kirix Support Forums

VS2005 and wxAUI DLL

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

VS2005 and wxAUI DLL

Postby Exhumer on Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:39 am

I'm novice with wxAUI (0.9.2) and wants to use it as DLL. I've created separated configuration for it, but linker fails:
Code: Select all
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : error C2491: 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventTable' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : warning C4273: 'wxFrameManager::GetEventTable' : inconsistent dll linkage
        \aui\include\manager.h(487) : see previous definition of 'GetEventTable'
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : warning C4273: 'sm_eventHashTable' : inconsistent dll linkage
        \aui\include\manager.h(487) : see previous definition of 'protected: static wxEventHashTable wxFrameManager::sm_eventHashTable'
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : error C2491: 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventHashTable' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : warning C4273: 'wxFrameManager::GetEventHashTable' : inconsistent dll linkage
        \include\manager.h(487) : see previous definition of 'GetEventHashTable'
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : warning C4273: 'sm_eventTableEntries' : inconsistent dll linkage
        \aui\include\manager.h(487) : see previous definition of 'private: static wxEventTableEntry const * const wxFrameManager::sm_eventTableEntries'
.\src\manager.cpp(1048) : error C2491: 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventTableEntries' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
wxaui - 3 error(s), 62 warning(s)

I've no ideas concerning these problems :shock:
Exhumer

Postby Ben on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 am

Hi,

I think a lot of work has been done on DLL linkage in the wxWidgets CVS. I recommend you take a look at that. Otherwise, this work will also be included in the upcoming wxWidgets 2.8.0.

All the best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback