Kirix Support Forums

Timeframe for a new release?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Timeframe for a new release?

Postby geoionescu on Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:18 am

Hello dear Kirix,

thanks for a wonderful component. I'm just starting with wxWidgets and things went pretty smooth. I do appreciate the plethora of additional components submitted by community, wxAUI included.

I was wondering if there is a timeframe for a new release. I'm particularily interested in the 'Floating windows position saving' and 'Docking tabs' features. Any words on incorporating those sometimes soon (even in CVS, meaning we don't necessarily need a stable build)?

Thanks.
Regards,
George Ionescu

Terra Informatica Software, Inc.
http://www.terrainformatica.com
geoionescu

Postby Ben on Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:13 am

Hi there,

Yes. There is a lot of work going on in this area. We are coding away, fixing bugs and finishing features in preparation for the wxWidgets 2.8 release. So, basically when 2.8 is released, that will be the next version of wxAUI. In order to get these new features, you'll probably need to upgrade to the new version of wxWidgets. In the mean time, if you application doesn't yet work with 2.7.0, you might want to try that out.

Thanks for your question,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby geoionescu on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:04 am

bwilliams wrote:Hi there,

Hello dear Ben,
thanks for your response.

bwilliams wrote:Yes. There is a lot of work going on in this area. We are coding away, fixing bugs and finishing features in preparation for the wxWidgets 2.8 release.

Nice to hear that.

bwilliams wrote:So, basically when 2.8 is released, that will be the next version of wxAUI. In order to get these new features, you'll probably need to upgrade to the new version of wxWidgets. In the mean time, if you application doesn't yet work with 2.7.0, you might want to try that out.

Looking forward to it :)

One more question, though. What are you going to use for tabs implementations? Is it going to be Kirix's tab implementation, or are you going to use a third-party component (like wxFlatNotebook)? I'm asking this because, for example, I also need a tab implementation for views and I'd like to maintain the UI consistency of the whole app. If it's not going to be wxFlatNotebook (or any other third-party), are you going to provide wxNotebook-like functionality for tabs?
Regards,
George Ionescu

Terra Informatica Software, Inc.
http://www.terrainformatica.com
geoionescu

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback