Kirix Support Forums

Starting Kirix Should Show Browser and Not Just the Tab Bar

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Starting Kirix Should Show Browser and Not Just the Tab Bar

Postby ylee on Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:17 am

After installing, when starting kirix the browser is hidden and only the tab is shown. The user must double click on the tab to open the browser screen. This is confusing and not intuitive. When starting kirix the browser should be shown. Also the bottom portion of the tab looks like it is cutoff. I first thought the installation failed.

This is on windows xp using the Kirix Strata 4.0 Beta 2 version.
ylee

Re: Starting Kirix Should Show Browser and Not Just the Tab Bar

Postby Dave on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi,

Currently, the default setup for Kirix Strata upon installation is a single tab which opens the following website:

http://www.kirix.com/welcome.html

If you go to Tools --> Options and go to the "Internet" page, you'll see a section labeled "Home Page". Please check to make sure this value is set to a valid URL, otherwise, Strata will indeed load with a blank screen at startup.

If the above steps don't address your issue, perhaps you could post a screenshot of the problem to the forums for further help.

Hope this helps.

Dave.
Dave Williams
Kirix Support Team
Dave
Kirix Support Team

Postby ylee on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:09 am

Apologies. I wasn't clear. When I first start the application. I only see a tab bar. I need to double click the tab bar to see the getting started window. So everything seems to work.

I am just commenting that the browser should be shown and not hidden when opened for the first time.

-Yoo-Jin
ylee

Postby Ken on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 am

Hi Yoo-Jin,

This sounds like a bug, because the first thing you should see is the browser with a web page that is a quick Strata tutorial (from kirix.com).

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of what you are seeing upon opening, that would help us to see the issue a bit better?

Thanks!
ken
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions