Kirix Support Forums

Can't Get Strata to run - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Can't Get Strata to run - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Postby barlaventoexpert on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi!

Saw a report on STRATA and decided to have a look at it as it may well assist me in managing travel and tourism data sources from the web.

Am running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

On running Strata setup, am getting the following message:

/home/cgkh/strata_setup/setup: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /home/cgkh/strata_setup/setup)
/home/cgkh/strata_setup/setup: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /home/cgkh/strata_setup/setup)

Have checked back to the /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 directory and it appears that the installed version of GLIBC is 2.3.6

As this version of Ubuntu serves my needs and has long term support don't really want to upgrade yet. Any suggestions on work rounds?

many thanks
barlaventoexpert

Re: Can't Get Strata to run - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Postby Ben on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Hello,

The solution would be installing glibc 2.4 onto your system. I believe both versions can co-exist.

We (it appears wrongly) assumed that most people were using at least Edgy Edge or Feisty Fawn. However, as this is not always the case, the solution is for us to release a glibc-2.3.6 compatible build of our software. While it is most certainly to run the glibc-2.4 based version of our software on Dapper, it's probably not trivial.

Thanks for the bug report,
Ben

Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions