Kirix Support Forums

Problem building TestApp in Microsoft Visual Studio

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Problem building TestApp in Microsoft Visual Studio

Postby Homer01 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi,

Has anyone managed to build the TestApp in Visual Studio 2005? I started out methodically and optimistically, but I've been reduced to hacking in frustration after half a week of sporadic attempts to get it going...

I've imported the webconnect.dsw solution into Visual Studio 2005, changed the "Additional Include Directories" and linker "Additional Library Directories" settings in the included testapp and webconnect projects to match my wxWidgets installation location. I also downloaded wxWidgets version 2.8.12 and rebuilt the libraries and DLLs. As a test of the new wxWidgets rev 2.8.12 build, I recompiled my existing wxWidgets projects. They all compiled without any difficulty.

What fails is building the testapp sub-project within the webconnect solution... I get anywhere from 5 to over 2000 errors, depending on which project settings I try. Almost all of the errors are unresolved externals. Either there are components missing from the demo project or I've missed a vital include directory.

I noticed that the "Release Unicode" build configuration contains a reference to "../kl/include" in the "Additional Include Directories", but there's no "kl" directory in the demo project. And while I am able to build the webconnect sub-project within the webconnect solution, I also found a reference to "../supp/gecko-sdk/include" in the webconnect "Additional Include Directories". There aren't any directories with that name in the demo project.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but sometimes it is the obvious that is the hardest to see when you’ve been over something a hundred times…

Thanks
Homer01

Re: Problem building TestApp in Microsoft Visual Studio

Postby Homer01 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,

Further to my last post, I thought I'd add that I'm trying to build the "Debug Unicode" version with the Multi-threaded Debug DLL runtime library setting (/MDd) because those are the settings that the demo project defaults to.

Also, my testapp sub-project settings are:

testapp "Additional Include Directories"

"$(WXWIN)\include";"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_dll\mswud";"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_dll"

testapp linker "Additional library directories"

"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_dll";"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_lib";"E:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WebConnect\webconnect\lib";"E:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WebConnect\xr"

testapp linker "additional dependencies"

odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib comctl32.lib rpcrt4.lib wxbase28ud.lib wxbase28ud_net.lib wxmsw28ud_core.lib wxmsw28ud_aui.lib wxpngd.lib wxzlibd.lib ../webconnect/lib/webconnectud.lib

And my webconnect sub-project settings are:

webconnect additional include directories"

"$(WXWIN)\include";"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_dll\mswud";"$(WXWIN)\lib\vc_dll"
Homer01

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback