Kirix Support Forums

Mac OS X Version of Strata?

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Mac OS X Version of Strata?

Postby josejperez1964 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:49 am

Any plans for a Mac OS X version of Strata? Though I do have my iMac triple booting between Mac OS X 10.4.x, Slackware Linux v.12 and Windows XP SP2, it would be nice to have a Mac OS X version, since it is the OS I primarily use. I'm sure there is a large user base of Mac users who would benefit from using Strata under Mac OS X, even if it must be run using X11 for Mac, which is how OpenOffice.org is run.
JJP
josejperez1964

Re: Mac OS X Version of Strata?

Postby Ken on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 pm

Sounds like you have quite the setup. :)

We use the wxWidgets library for Strata, which is cross-platform so it is possible. We've also done some very limited tests with Mac in our labs, but we won't have anything for production purposes for this version. However, we've definitely gotten a bunch of inquiries for this feature, so we have it queued up for some point in the future. Thanks for the feedback!
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby sathomasga on Thu May 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Congrats on getting the first release out. I'm selfishly hoping that this will free up some development resources to get the Mac OS X version going. After months of badgering and pleading with our IT folks, I've finally gotten approval to switch to a Mac. Great for me; bad (in my case) for Strata. (Parallels and/or Bootcamp is not worth the headaches of Windows.)
sathomasga

Postby Ken on Thu May 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi there --

The Mac version is BY FAR our most requested feature. We actually had one person tell us that the only reason that he is keeping a Windows box around is to run Strata, since he works with data constantly.

So it's definitely on our radar. We do have it up and running on Mac in development -- but it still needs some love before we can go into beta testing. I'll add you to our list of folks requesting the Mac version and get you a beta when it's available

Thanks for the feedback!
ken

P.S. Also -- for anyone else that stumbles across this post and would be interested in beta testing a Mac version of Strata, please just shoot me an email at support [at] kirix [dot] com and I'll put you on the list.
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback