Kirix Support Forums

Grabbing data from financial websites

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Grabbing data from financial websites

Postby josejperez1964 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 am

I have already grabbed some data from my graduate school's registration page. Basically I used the registration system to display an html table of the courses being offered for the Winter 2008 Term. I then used Kirix to extract that data so that I could export it as a table. Though this was a small experiment in data extraction, it was helpful since I was able to then get a printout of the table and email it to some of my classmates. Next I plan on using Kirix for my Finance class to extract data for our group research project. I plan to get financial data from several financial sites for our chosen company and extract it for further analysis later. We can then add the results electronically to our paper at the end. :)
JJP
josejperez1964

Re: Grabbing data from financial websites

Postby Aaron on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:03 pm

josejperez1964 wrote:Next I plan on using Kirix for my Finance class to extract data for our group research project. I plan to get financial data from several financial sites for our chosen company and extract it for further analysis later.

Sounds interesting. If you're extracting related data from several sites, you might want to try bringing all the information together using relationships, similar to what's discussed and demoed in the video here: http://www.kirix.com/blog/2007/10/16/mr ... et-strata/
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback