Kirix Support Forums

Repaint issues while resizing panes

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Repaint issues while resizing panes

Postby atul on Wed May 23, 2007 8:01 am

Hello,

I have downloaded wxwidgets-2.8.3 and am trying it out on Vista. First of all thanks for contributing AUI to wxWidgets, it truly seems world class!

There seems to be some problem causing the AUI panes to not get repainted correctly while resizing. This might only be a Vista thing as I haven't seen anyone else posting a similar issue.
I have captured a screen shot of the problem observed while using the AUI sample program.

(The sash between the tree pane and the content pane is being dragged to the right.)

I haven't yet peeked into the source code. Can someone here point me to the right place or even provide tips/patches?

Thanks,

Atul

atul

Re: Repaint issues while resizing panes

Postby Doc on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:00 am

I have the same problem under Visa - anyone have a potential solution, as it looks pretty bad (image above is accurate!).

Thanks,
Doc
Doc

Postby Dave on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the bug report. We're definitely aware of this issue and hope to have it fixed for the next minor release of wxAUI. If anyone would like to look into this issue and create a patch, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave.
Dave Williams
Kirix Support Team
Dave
Kirix Support Team

Postby huyphan on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 pm

I only see the same refresh problem which have prevented from using wxAUI in my application.
I will try out this fix.
Thanks.
huyphan

Postby Aaron on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Thanks to Juan for the following fix: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=564
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback