Kirix Support Forums

Transfer files from Filezilla

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Transfer files from Filezilla

Postby SSCGC on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

Hi there,
We are currently trying to test out Kirix for our direct marketing database, but so far have been unable to transfer our files from Filezilla - are these 2 programs not compatible?

If there is a way to transfer the files I would love to hear about it - Kirix comes very highly recommended to us and we would love to try it out!

Thx,
Jen
SSCGC

Re: Transfer files from Filezilla

Postby Aaron on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Jen,

What format are the files you are trying to transfer and read in Kirix Strata? Filezilla is used for transferring files, but it's not clear from transferring the files what you are actually trying to open. If you have data files, such as CSV, TSV, DBF, or database connections to MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc, Kirix Strata will work very well with these.

Please let me know a bit more.

Best,
Aaron
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby SSCGC on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the speedy reply...
I am REALLY new at all this, so please forgive my ignorance.
The folders are all compressed and the files are excel CSV files. I have never worked with filezilla or Kirix so I am sure the blunder is mine. I really appreciate your help.
Jen
SSCGC

Postby Aaron on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Jen,

The first thing to do is to transfer the files so they are on your local computer, and then uncompress them. Once you have the uncompressed CSV files on your local computer, you should be able to open them in Kirix Strata using File->Open.

Give this a try and let me know how it works out!

Best,
Aaron
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback