Kirix Support Forums

wxAuiManager : On end drag?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxAuiManager : On end drag?

Postby mikael.delsol on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:27 am

Hello,
I searched a lot but I didn't find the method called by the wxAuiManager after a pane has been moved, I mean when we release the mouse button. I thought it would be in OnLeftUp but nothing works. It seems that is depends of the kind of the pane moved and where the mouse cursor is.
I tried OnFloatingPaneMoved but it seems I don't succeed to call it.
Can you tell me which is the specific(s) method(s) called at the end of a drag motion when we dock a pane or not?

best regards
mikael.delsol

Postby Ben on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:25 pm

Hello,

Try overriding ProcessDockResult() and see if this gives you the hook that you want. Make sure to process the base class if you choose no custom behavior.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby mikael.delsol on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:14 am

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
Actually, I try to control the behaviour of the floatingframe created after a drag by overriding this class. Firstly, I'm not sure of where the floatingframe is created after a drag in wxAuiManager.
Moreover, wxFloatingFrame is used only two times at wxAuiManager methods but I can't override these methods.
As many, I try to create the possibility to drag a floatingframe into a wxAuiNotebook. I suppose that it's DoDrop which is the main method for this effect and also ProcessDockResult after all.

Best regards
mikael.delsol

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback