Kirix Support Forums

Need help for using it with Code:Blocks

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Need help for using it with Code:Blocks

Postby Shannon on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for making wxWebConnect available !!!

I want to integrate it in my project. I'm building application on MSW and I use Code::Blocks for building my project. Compiler GCC (mingw/msys). Is there a document available, which would help me for wxWebConnect integration with my type of environment? Or can somebody help me?
Shannon

Re: Need help for using it with Code:Blocks

Postby Aaron on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:56 am

For compiling the package with GCC, download the source and take a look at the MakeFile files inside the testapp and webconnect folders. These should point you in the right direction for how to compile it with Code::Blocks.

For understanding how to embed the control, I recommend looking over the getting started guide, which contains useful information about how to create and initialize the control, as well as how to perform common operations such as loading a URI, etc.
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby mgpnesar on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Shannon,

I am trying the same thing, using mingw 5.1.4 with Code::Blocks 8.02 and I am getting the following error message:

c:\projects\webconnect\webconnect\nsall.h|36|macro "NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR" passed 11 arguments, but takes just 1|
c:\projects\webconnect\webconnect\nsall.h|39|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR' with no type|

It seems it is not understanding the structure assignment and considering each field as an argument instead of one structure.

#define NS_ISUPPORTS_IID \
{0x00000000, 0x0000, 0x0000, \
{ 0xc0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x46 }}

NS_DEFINE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR(NS_ISUPPORTS_IID)

Did you get this error message ? How did you fixed it ?

Thank you for your attention,
Mauricio.
mgpensar a t gmail d o t com
mgpnesar

Postby mgpnesar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 pm

I was able to compile it after searching for NS_DEFINE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR and replacing by NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR.
There is a macro definition that was causing the problem.

However, when running the program, it crashes:

Checking for existence: c:\projects\webconnect\bin\Debug\webconnect.exe
Executing: "c:\projects\webconnect\bin\Debug\webconnect.exe" (in c:\projects\webconnect\.)
Process terminated with status -1073741819 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)

I am stuck with this error now. Any suggestions ?

I took a look at the makefile to see if I missed something. It refers to a ..\top.mak that is not present. Does anybody know anything about this file ?

Thanks.
mgpnesar

Postby qbin on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

after compiling in mingw program crashed. solution not found.
qbin

Postby mgpnesar on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 pm

The code is syntatically incorrect and it does causes problems when compiling with gcc (mingw 5.1.4).
in nsall.h the ## should be added to avoid a wrong macro expansion.

#define NS_DEFINE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR(iid) \
NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR(##iid)

Well, indeed, why not eliminate this and use NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR directly ?

mgpnesar wrote:
I am trying the same thing, using mingw 5.1.4 with Code::Blocks 8.02 and I am getting the following error message:

c:\projects\webconnect\webconnect\nsall.h|36|macro "NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR" passed 11 arguments, but takes just 1|
c:\projects\webconnect\webconnect\nsall.h|39|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `NS_DECLARE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR' with no type|

It seems it is not understanding the structure assignment and considering each field as an argument instead of one structure.

#define NS_ISUPPORTS_IID \
{0x00000000, 0x0000, 0x0000, \
{ 0xc0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x46 }}

NS_DEFINE_STATIC_IID_ACCESSOR(NS_ISUPPORTS_IID)

Did you get this error message ? How did you fixed it ?

Thank you for your attention,
Mauricio.
mgpensar a t gmail d o t com
mgpnesar

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback