Kirix Support Forums

Tab key problem in wxAuiNoteboolk

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Tab key problem in wxAuiNoteboolk

Postby Doc on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:33 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm having problems with the AUI notebook control grabbing the tab key on the keyboard.

I have an application with several wxPanels embedded as panes in a wxNotebook control. Each panel has controls on it. Tabbing forward through the controls on the panel works OK, but backtabbing from the first control in the dialog takes focus away from the window and puts it (I believe) on the Notebook control. Similarly forward away from the last control in the panel does not get back to the top control on the panel.

I can run the same program with the same series of windows without the aui notebook control, and tabbing works correctly on the panel including the wrap from first to last or last to first control.

Is there any way to have a wxPanel dialog embedded in an AuiNotebook without the notebook intercepting some of the tab keys?

Thanks,
Brad
Doc

Re: Tab key problem in wxAuiNoteboolk

Postby Ben on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:49 am

I think this might be related to some recent work that Julian did on keyboard accessibility. Any thoughts, Julian?

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback