Kirix Support Forums

Inserting fields into a table

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Inserting fields into a table

Postby GraemeA on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:52 pm

I created a table Project -> New -> Create table and added Field1,Field2 and Field3

Right-clicked on Field2 and selected Insert field

The fields moved down as expected.

Inserted new field and saved the table

On re-opening the table the new field had been moved to the end.
GraemeA

Re: Inserting fields into a table

Postby Ken on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks for the detailed report. I tried to repeat the bug, but mine worked OK. Can you let me know what OS you are using? We'll throw it in the bug list either way and track it down. Thanks.
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby GraemeA on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:24 pm

I had another go at reproducing it and realised I missed out a step.

After creating the table and adding fields, save the table then do Edit Structure and insert the field. It appears at the end for me.

Incidentally, when I hit Save on the toolbar, the tab with the table structure becomes disabled (greyed-out) and there's nothing obvious I can do with it other than manually closing the tab.

GraemeA

Postby Aaron on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm

GraemeA wrote:After creating the table and adding fields, save the table then do Edit Structure and insert the field. It appears at the end for me.

OK, I replicated the problem and will submit a bug report.

GraemeA wrote:Incidentally, when I hit Save on the toolbar, the tab with the table structure becomes disabled (greyed-out) and there's nothing obvious I can do with it other than manually closing the tab.

This one is intentional. Jobs are processed in the background, enabling users to work with tables while most jobs are running. However, structure modifications are involved enough that users aren't allowed to interact directly with tables while these jobs are running, which is why the screen is disabled when the save button is pressed.

Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions