Kirix Support Forums

Automated Export?

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Automated Export?

Postby andrewmin on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:05 am

Hi, loving the software. One question. Is there anyway to automatically export data if it's always changing? Like for a fantasy football site. Can I automatically export at regular intervals my players' stats to a CSV so I can manipulate it with another program? Thanks!
andrewmin

Re: Automated Export?

Postby Aaron on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 pm

andrewmin wrote:Hi, loving the software.

Thanks!

andrewmin wrote:Is there anyway to automatically export data if it's always changing?

Depending on the input/output data formats, you can create a script (File->New->Script) to query data in one format and output to another, then execute this script on a regular basis using the job scheduler (Tools->Schedule Jobs).

andrewmin wrote:Can I automatically export at regular intervals my players' stats to a CSV so I can manipulate it with another program?

OK, this is where the "depending" above makes a difference. Are you accessing the data through a web API, a CSV file on a website, or from an HTML table?

Also, regarding the analysis portion, what kind of analysis do you need to do on the data? You might be able to do quite a bit of it without exporting it!
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Re: Automated Export?

Postby andrewmin on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:08 am

I'm planning on creating a client that reads the CSV data (which I'll upload to an FTP server via cron). I'm using Yahoo's table based fantasy football site.
andrewmin

Return to Strata Help & Feedback