Kirix Support Forums

wxAUI_MGR_NO_DOCK_SIZE_LIMIT

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxAUI_MGR_NO_DOCK_SIZE_LIMIT

Postby HzD_Byte on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:27 am

When wxAUI_MGR_NO_DOCK_SIZE_LIMIT flag will be public?
HzD_Byte

Postby Ben on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 am

Hi,

I guess I didn't know that people wanted it. It's no problem for me to make it public.

The reason I made it private in the first place is that I want a more permanent API for this. One of the problems we had with FL is that sometimes the window size gets out of control (large), and then you redock the window, and 80% of your application is a docked window, and the remaining amount is your center pane. Not good.

So we had initially hard coded a fixed limitation of 30% of the window for a newly created dock. The user was then, of course, allowed to make it bigger. It turns out this limitation started to annoy with wxAuiNotebook.

The API I'd like to create would look something like this. SetMaxNewDockSize(0.3, 0.3). The parameters would specify a max percentage of the window for newly created docks. I just couldn't come to terms whether it was better to make a max # of pixels or a percentage, or both.

That's why it is the way it is now. Maybe you can tell me what you'd prefer.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby HzD_Byte on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:13 am

I think that "percents" is more convenient way.
HzD_Byte

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback