Kirix Support Forums

Javascript upgrade issue

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Javascript upgrade issue

Postby andy4us on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 pm

I have successfully been using an older version of wxWebConnect everything worked great, this was based on the older 1.8.x of XULRunner . Upgrading and rebuilding to the new version has caused an issue with javascript on my pages, it doesn't seem to execute. I have got it down to this basic web page.
Code: Select all
<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" >
alert("loading 1");

</script>
</head>
<body>

we are here 3

</body>
</html>

It seems using the 1.9.2 version of the xr directory the alert box doesn't appear. Using the 1.8.x version the alert comes up as expected. I have reproduced this with both my app and the test app. I saw the mention that the Execute function was broken, I assumed ( bad I know !) that just meant calling the Javascript engine from c++, not that Javascript in general was broken. Any clues ?

thanks,
andy4us

Re: Javascript upgrade issue

Postby jonmmorgan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 am

As far as I know, the Javascript bug (which I reported) only prevents the Execute() method from working. I ran the test page you gave in the stock Kirix WebConnect 1.1 testapp on Windows and it did show an alert box (using XULRunner 1.9.2). I'm sorry, but I don't know why it wouldn't work on your computer.
jonmmorgan

Re: Javascript upgrade issue

Postby andy4us on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks, after that, I completely scrubbed my code tree and rebuilt, now it seems to work OK.

thanks,

Andy
andy4us

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback