Kirix Support Forums

Toolbar Inside a Pane?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Toolbar Inside a Pane?

Postby apowers on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:07 pm

Is it possible to have a toolbar inside a pane? It doesn't matter if it's docking or non-docking toolbar.
apowers

Postby Ben on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 am

Hi apowers,

Yes, the aui example has several toolbar panes. You set ToolbarPane() in order to make this work.

But I suspect this is not what you mean. You probably want a pane with a content area and a toolbar at the top. The answer is also yes. You need to create a wxPanel, place your wxToolBar and other content windows on that. Then add the whole wxPanel as a normal pane to wxAUI.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby apowers on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:42 am

That worked, thanks.

By the way, with the wxWidgets 2.8-rc1, if you maximize a pane and then un-pin it, you end up with a floating window and all the rest of the panes in the frame manager disappear...
apowers

Postby Ben on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:21 pm

Hi,

I couldn't duplicate the problem. I know there have been a number of maximize fixes recently. Perhaps somebody caught it.

So, let me understand correctly: If I maximize a pane, then flow it by dragging its caption, all other panes dissappear? This doesn't happen for me anymore (thankfully).

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback