Kirix Support Forums

dELETE TABLES AFTER A TABLE MERGE

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

dELETE TABLES AFTER A TABLE MERGE

Postby asa32sd23 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:00 pm

HI, I NEED TO DOWNLOAD MUTLIPLE TABNLES EACH DAY AND THEN MERGE THEM TO A CENTRAL TABLE WHICH IS CATEGORIZED BY DATES (MEANING EACH TABLE FOR THAT DAY I INCLUDE THE DATE THEN MERGE)

PROBLEM IS THAT MY TABLE LIST IN MY PROJECT FOLDER IS BUILDING UP WITH THE PAST OLD TABLES, I TRY TO DELETE BUT SAYS i CANT SINCE ITS IN USE....

IF i HAVE THE NEW TABLE WITH ALL THE TABLES MERGED SHOULDNT I BE ABLE TO DELETE THE ORIGINAL TABLES>?

THANKS IF ANYONE CAN ASSIST
asa32sd23

Re: dELETE TABLES AFTER A TABLE MERGE

Postby Ken on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to delete any tables (or scripts, queries, etc.) you want from your project panel. The only restriction is that you cannot delete a table if it is currently open in a tab. But, if the tab is closed, you should be able to delete anything you want.

Let me quickly run through the steps and see if you are doing something different:

1. Have table1, table2, and table3 that I want to merge and have each of them open in tabs.
2. Select Tools > Merge Tables.
3. Drag in table1, table2, and table 3 into the merge dialog.
4. In the "Output Table" box, I'll call it /tables_merge
5. Click OK and the merge process takes place and a fourth table appears in a tab called "tables_merge"
6. Go to my project panel and right-click "table1" and click "Delete". Get an error message that the table is in use.
7. Close my "table1" tab and then go to my project panel and right-click "Delete. Table is deleted.

Could you confirm this is what is happening? If not, could you let me know the steps and I can see if I can replicate the issue.

Thanks!
ken
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback