Kirix Support Forums

Perspective Loading + Misc

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Perspective Loading + Misc

Postby epage on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:53 pm

Hello

I am in the middle of changing our code over to wxAUI from wxFrameLayout. I am so grateful for having such a nicer code base to work off of.

My program has a lot of dynamic panes and we want load on demand to be careful of Windows GDIs (yeah in part bad design in other parts of the code, but I am trying to limit my refactoring to meet deadline). When I load my perspective file I am wanting to extract the pane name, send it to the factory if it is shown, and once all of that is done, load my perspective. This seems like it could be very straight forward if wxPaneInfo's were streamable and that the perspective code used that. Then I could reuse the streams for my preprocessing.

While I am thinking of it, another nice thing would be making a public version of HitTest. The use case would be toolbar editing code that allows drag and drop.

Sorry I am not providing any diffs, but they look like they would be fairly simple to be implemented
epage

Oh and another thing ....

Postby epage on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:14 pm

const safe functions like

wxPaneInfo *GetPane (const wxWindow* ...);
const wxPaneInfo *GetPane (const wxWindow* ...) const;
epage

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback