Kirix Support Forums

Browser Feature Missing

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Browser Feature Missing

Postby bspencer on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 am

As a Firefox\Mozilla user I have grown accustomed to having the ability to open links in new windows or tabs by use of the right mouse button. For a person such as myself who frequently needs to access data from multiple sources quickly, the lack of this feature reduces the efficiency of Strata. It would be great to see this added to Strata in the future.
bspencer

Re: Browser Feature Missing

Postby Ken on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks for the report, we'll put it on the list of things to add.

Note that there is an even more efficient way to do this (in both Firefox and Strata)... and that is to simply middle/center click on a link, which will open it up in a new tab. However, this is not an obvious interface implementation -- so we'll make sure to get a right-click to open new tab in there as well.

Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby bspencer on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Thanks,

Another thing I noticed is that there is not a refresh button on the menu bar. Also, is there any possibility that Strata will support Add-0ns ?
bspencer

Postby Ken on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:33 pm

We actually had a refresh button up there originally and then chose to take it out to see what people thought. You can reload by selecting File/Reload or by clicking F5. What we really need is a way to let people customize their toolbar. Something we want too.

As for add-ons, absolutely. This is one of those things we have yet to expose since we don't have our API documentation up yet (but should be available in a few days). You'll be able to create extensions to do all kinds of stuff with the scripting language and we plan on providing a place for people to share their extensions as well.

Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby Aaron on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm

bspencer wrote:As a Firefox\Mozilla user I have grown accustomed to having the ability to open links in new windows or tabs by use of the right mouse button. For a person such as myself who frequently needs to access data from multiple sources quickly, the lack of this feature reduces the efficiency of Strata. It would be great to see this added to Strata in the future.

We just added this and it will be available in the next release. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions