Kirix Support Forums

Transparency on panels/frame

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Transparency on panels/frame

Postby jdrathod on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

Hi,

First off I am fairly new to the library (and UI programming in general) so forgive me if I ask anything obvious. I love this library as well as wxWidgets in general; it hopefully has the potential to save me many weeks of work.
So here are my questions:

- The transparency effect when dragging panels is great, is there any way to set the transparency permanently on a panel so I can set the transparent amount permanently and not just when dragging? - using panel->SetTranparent(100) seemed to have no effect.
- I plan on using openGl canvases, has anyone done this before with this library, particularly the transparency effects.

Many thanks in advance for any answers or tips to investigate.

Jay
jdrathod

Re: Transparency on panels/frame

Postby Ben on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:23 am

Hello,

Thanks for your question. You are right, it would be great to be able to do this. I'm not sure it's possible yet, certainly not with the present API.

You may try to get the parent frame of the panel, and then set the transparency on that. Trying to set the transparency on the panel itself won't work, because it's contained in a separate top-level frame.

I'll put this on our feature request list for the next wxAUI push.

Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback