Kirix Support Forums

Problems running under GTK

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Problems running under GTK

Postby Peek on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:43 pm

I've been happily using wxAUI with MSWindows now for a few months and it's been pretty good to me. Now I'm porting my app over to GTK+ and things aren't so great. :( Under GTK+, when I try to undock a window (via dragging), the entire desktop freezes and I have to kill the app remotely. It appears that the lock-up happens when wxAUI starts to draw the highlight for where the window can be re-docked because if I drag a pane off of the dock fast enough so that it doesn't do any highlighting, it doesn't lock up. There are no error or warning messages from X (or anything else). I was even able to reproduce this problem with the simple example app given in the wxAUI docs, so it has nothing to do with the particulars of my application. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?

My environment: Red Hat, wxWidgets 2.6.3, GTK+ 2.4, gcc 3.4.5, wxAUI 0.9.1
Peek

Postby Ben on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:45 am

Can you please try with wxAUI 0.9.2? We are constantly improving the wxGTK version of wxAUI.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby Peek on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:51 am

Well, as it turns out, another programmer had modified our version of the window manager to make some MSW-specific changes to how the window transparency is handled, but he didn't wrap those changes in #ifdefs. I realized this when I compared our hacked version 0.9.1 with an unadulterated version 0.9.2. So, everything's good. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for your response, Ben.
Peek

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback