Kirix Support Forums

Skipping events !?!

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Skipping events !?!

Postby bpasquier on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:31 am

Hi,

I use wxAUI in an MDI application (thks for 0.9.1) ... And look is very pretty ... :D

But I still have a problem ... I put a progress control in the MDI parent frame status bar. And I need to catch size event to put my progress at the right place (in its dedicated pane). wxAUI push its event handler (wxFrameManager) in front of the native frame one. As you catch size event, the managed frame does not receive any sizing event and my progress bar stays wxDefaultSize & wxDefaultPosition !!!

I think that events you catch should be skipped to allow client application to receive them after wxFrameManager. This allow some customization like drawing an MDIClientWnd background or to manage control position in status bar ...

Thxs a lot for this great library

Bertrand
bpasquier

Postby Ben on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:38 am

I agree. Sometimes the skipping is allowed, but other times it messes things up. We will at least try to add wxAUI events to notify you about stuff such as size changes.

Originally, we were calling skip on EVT_SIZE. However, this caused major problems (I can't remember what). Suffice to say we'll try to come up with some solution to this problem.

Of course, if you looked into it and posted a patch, that would be even better. :-)
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby bpasquier on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:03 pm

I currently add an "event.Skip()" in wxFrameManager::OnSize(...) ...

I didn't notice any bugs with this trick ...

But anyway, if I can spend hours on it ... I will be a real pleasure for me to submit a patch !!!

Thks

Bertrand
bpasquier

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback