Kirix Support Forums

Pane Dock/Undock size problem

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Pane Dock/Undock size problem

Postby katana on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Now that I've gotten moving on the project I have run into a few issues. Perhaps it's just the way I'm using things.

I have a pane (wxWindow) that contains display items (wxPanel). The wxWindow contains a sizer that's responsible for determining how big the pane should be. When an item is added or removed I called Layout and Fit then call the wxAUDManager.Update(). It works very well when the pane is docked.

As soon as the pane is undocked it no longer sizes correctly and has the original size rather than the updated one.

Also, if you dock it on the side there seems to be no way to rearrange the sizer. Would it be possible to add an event that's fired when a pane is docked/undocked? It's the only way I can think of then being able to change teh sizer from wxHORIZONTAL to wxVERTICAL
katana

Re: Pane Dock/Undock size problem

Postby Ben on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Yes, this is a very good idea (to add an event). For the time being, I suggest you derive your own class from wxAuiManager and add a hook to DoFrameLayout() or Update() to get the message you need. This solution should work well for you.

Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback