Kirix Support Forums

Can't drag tabs into empty notebooks

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Can't drag tabs into empty notebooks

Postby jfrench on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:01 am

Hi Ben,

Firstly - great work. Just started having a crack at integrating it (from wx 2.8). Excellent stuff.

There's just one small issue. It seems that it is not possible to drag pages into empty notebooks.... This is quite a big problem to me. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
James
jfrench

Postby Ben on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:07 am

Hi James,

I'm going to try this out and see if I can get any more information.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby jfrench on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 am

Hey Ben,

Any word on this? This is probably my only major problem with using wxAUI....

About to start coding a layout system using wxAUI. Quite excited :)

Cheers,
James
jfrench

Postby jfrench on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:58 am

Ben,

I have a fix for this. It was simple. All that needed to change was the hit testing logic in wxAuiNotebook::OnTabDragMotion/OnTabEndDrag. Instead of looking for a wxAuiTabCtrl (which doesn't exist until there's a page), look for a wxAuiNotebook and then call GetActiveTabCtrl() to get the tab ctrl (which creates one if there isn't one already). The only other thing was to call UpdateTabCtrlHeight() just before DoSizing().

Do you want me to submit a patch to the Kirix patch forum or direct to wx? I presume the patch should be against wx cvs head?

By the way, now I've got into coding my layout manager I realise that what I need is the ability to tear off tabs into new panes, and back into notebooks (as has been mentioned before). I reckon this should be mostly possible from user code, providing the events are there. I'll let you know of anything interesting.

Cheers!
James
jfrench

Postby Ben on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for researching this. A patch would be great. If you can, submit it to both forums, as that will ensure better coverage.

Thanks much,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback