Kirix Support Forums

"Native" wxAuiTabArt implementation?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

"Native" wxAuiTabArt implementation?

Postby acemarke on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm looking at wxAUI to see if it's something I could use in my current application. Among other things, I'd like to replace a wxNotebook with a wxAuiNotebook. My application is built to use the current native Windows theme. In toying around with the AUI sample, it looks like wxAUI currently only has two art implementations, and neither of them properly reflects the native theme. Has anyone put together a native theme implementation? If not, how difficult would it be for me to do so?

Thanks!

Mark Erikson
http://www.isquaredsoftware.com
acemarke

Re: "Native" wxAuiTabArt implementation?

Postby Ben on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:20 am

acemarke wrote:I'm looking at wxAUI to see if it's something I could use in my current application. Among other things, I'd like to replace a wxNotebook with a wxAuiNotebook. My application is built to use the current native Windows theme. In toying around with the AUI sample, it looks like wxAUI currently only has two art implementations, and neither of them properly reflects the native theme. Has anyone put together a native theme implementation? If not, how difficult would it be for me to do so?

I haven't put one together. I would really appreciate it if you did create a 'native' looking art provider for wxAuiNotebook. It shouldn't be hard at all (a few hours work), if you use the wxUxTheme class. This would be something that I would be happy to apply.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback