Kirix Support Forums

compile wxAUI under linux?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

compile wxAUI under linux?

Postby steveelee on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 am

Hi all,

I'm sorry for this probably very basic question, but how can I compile the wxAUI library under linux? Unfortunately, I didn't find any documentation about this.

I was using wxAUI with MS Developer Studio under Windows before without any problems.

Thanks in advance,
Stevee
steveelee

Postby gnschmidt on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

If you download and compile wxGTK 2.8.0 you should find that aui is ready out of the box.
gnschmidt

Postby steveelee on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:05 pm

Thank you, I will try this suggestion later.

But nevertheless, is there no other solution to build wxAUi under Linux? I mean, wxAUI is for cross-platform software development, isn't it? Should be possible to compile it under Linux as well and not only with Microsoft Developer Studio under Windows.
steveelee

Postby gnschmidt on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:32 pm

wxGTK is the main Linux port of the wxWidgets framework (I don't know of any others) and wxAUI will only work in conjunction with the framework.

wxGTK2.8.0+ compiles without any trouble on any system I've tried (ubuntu, fedora, arch, slack, and so on). There is (afaik) no binary distribution, so the best path is to tar -xf the tarball, cd wxGTK*, mkdir build, cd build, ../configure, make, make install.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question.
-Gerald
gnschmidt

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback