Kirix Support Forums

Beta 3 expired after a day

Please post any help questions, requests or other feedback here.

Beta 3 expired after a day

Postby amk on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 am

kubuntu 7.04
Strata beta 3

Thank you for using Kirix Strata. The beta license you have been using has expired. Please visit
our website at http://www.kirix.com for a new beta version, if available, or a free trial of the full version.
If you have any questions, please contact us at support@kirix.com. Thank you!

That's not 60 days! Close to 24 hours in fact, during which time Strata was running almost continuously.

Strata first decided the licence had expired at the same time I deleted the installer, I assume coincidentally.

Tried deleting ~/.kirix-strata and /opt/kstrata/ and reinstalling with no joy.
amk

Re: Beta 3 expired after a day

Postby Ken on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Hi there, very sorry about that - you should get a fresh 60 days each time you install a new beta. Anyone else having this problem?

Deleting the installer shouldn't affect anything. The one thing that can make Strata expire early is if the system clock date/time is changed... did you happen to do this? If so, if you change the date back to the previous time, Strata should start working again.

Otherwise, we'll have to look into the situation here to find out why this happened. Unfortunately, Strata can't be reinstalled until the next beta version iteration. We'll hopefully get out a minor upgrade soon (we've been doing major upgrades every two weeks with a minor version or two in between).

Thanks for the report... again, very sorry about this annoying situation,
ken
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby amk on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:48 am

Ken wrote:The one thing that can make Strata expire early is if the system clock date/time is changed... did you happen to do this? If so, if you change the date back to the previous time, Strata should start working again.

I didn't change the clock, but I'll have a go at putting it into the past.

Shortly before this happened, I did manage to completely fill my /home partition. It's not uncommon for programmes to behave inelegantly when this happens. Could this be a cause?

In the meantime, I'm trying the Windows version :).
amk

Postby Ben on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:37 am

Shortly before this happened, I did manage to completely fill my /home partition. It's not uncommon for programmes to behave inelegantly when this happens. Could this be a cause?

My guess is this is almost certainly the cause of the problem-- some chunk of code silently failing after the /home partition filled up. Installing the next beta should clear up this problem, once it is released.

Thanks for the bug report. We'll do what we can to duplicate this problem.

All the best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to Strata Help & Feedback