Kirix Support Forums

Converted

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Converted

Postby zimmertr on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:58 pm

For the last 5 years, I've been doing nothing but Java UI (Swing & SWT/JFace) development. Recently, I decided to get back into using C/C++, a skill that I had never fully developed. When I came across wxWidget's, I thought to myself, "Wow, this won't be so bad after all.", keeping in mind how spoiled Java has made me. I had no idea what kind of power and flexibility I was missing out on.

That toolkit alone was enough to push me over the edge, and wxAUI will definitely keep me from ever looking back. I only wish I had taken the time to learn 5 years ago, my UI's could've been so much sexier today.

Thanks for making this easy (well, for most people) and fun. I only hope I can get the jist of using these libraries quick enough to outshine my peers. :)

Troy
zimmertr

Postby Ben on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:53 am

Thanks for the kind note. wxWidgets is indeed a splendid toolkit, and I'll never regret the decision we made to use it. It's fun to watch the toolkit grow with time. I think it has a bright future. Thanks for checking out wxAUI, and I'm glad you like it.
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback