Kirix Support Forums

Problem with docking

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Problem with docking

Postby Antoine on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi,

I'm playing with docking/undocking and I run into a few problems.

My application has 3 Panes.

Problem #1:

Panes are created with a PaneInfo helper. If I set PaneBorder to false, then the transparent hint disapears (nothing else changed in the source file). If I don't say anything regarding PaneBorder, then PaneBorder is drawn (I guess this is the default behaviour) and I have the transparent hint...

Problem #2:
Panes are created as follow with configuration B, as follow:

Code: Select all
A:    | P2      B:   P1 | P2      C:     |    |       D:   P2
   P1 |---           -------          P1 | P2 | P3       -------
      | P3             P3                |    |          P1 | P3

If I take Pane P3 I can undock it and dock it back in configuration A or B without any problem.

Now let's say I move Pane P3 in configuration B. I now take Pane P1, move it a little bit (undock and redock at the same position for instance, or dock it elsewhere and go back to configuration B). I'm still in configuration B.

I then take back Pane P3 and try to put it back in configuration A. There is no way. I can only go to configuration B or C. Even if I try to reach configuration A by moving Pane P1, this does not work. P1 only wants to stay in configuration B or to go in configuration D.

This is very odd, because sometimes (about 1 run over 5) I can reach back configuration A.

I must admit that I certainly did not understand the concept of layer/dock/row/position as reported by the Client Size Reporters in the demo. Is this described somewhere?

Still with MSW, mingw, gcc 3.4.5 (wx snapshot november 6th).

Best regards,

Antoine

-----

Here is the creation code for reference. CreateNotebook creates an AuiNotebook (I event tried with other controls, as I wanted to make sure it didn't come from the notebook). CreateBoard creates a custom control

Code: Select all
  _frame_mgr.AddPane (CreateNotebook (), wxAuiPaneInfo()   // P3
            .Name (_T ("notebook"))
            .Caption (_T ("notebook1"))
            .Bottom()
            .Layer(1)
            .Dockable (true));

_frame_mgr.AddPane (CreateBoard (), wxAuiPaneInfo()  // P2
            .Name (_T ("board"))
            .CenterPane ());

_frame_mgr.AddPane (CreateNotebook (), wxAuiPaneInfo()  // P1
            .Name (_T ("notebook2"))