Kirix Support Forums

wxGLCanvas and wxAuiNotebook

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxGLCanvas and wxAuiNotebook

Postby luca on Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:31 am

Hello,

when draggin tabs around in a wxAuiNotebook there is a very usefull semi transparent background window that shows where the tab will go if you release the left mouse button. But i am using some wxGLCanvas as pages in the notebook, which get redrawn like 30 times a second, and this causes either flickering and the semi-transparent background window is overdrawn. Since i want to display clearly where the dragged page is going to, I could:
1- detect when dragging is ON, and in that case i should stop redrawing wxGLCanvas'es.
2- intercept the dragging events, retrieving the coordinates of the transparent window, and draw the sub-rectangles in my on wxGLCanvas myself.

I tryed to intercept wxEVT_COMMAND_AUINOTEBOOK_DRAG_MOTION, but it is always handled withing the wxAuiNotebook class, and the parents do not gets the notification.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance,
Luca
luca

Postby Ben on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:01 am

Hi,

You need to access the m_action member of wxAuiManager. This constant tells you what the mouse is doing. The value is one of the mouse action enums. Since it's protected, you need to drive a small class from wxAuiManager that allows access to that member, something like GetMouseAction().

Best of luck,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback