Kirix Support Forums

Why linking to built library fails?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Why linking to built library fails?

Postby xzminx on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi there!

As i already posted in similar thread, I've managed to build the sample application and the webconnect library.

Now I want to link to that .lib file in my large project which is maintained in Code::Blocks IDE and it fails miserably, reporting "undefined reference to wxWebConnect::InitEngine(const wxString)"

Please can someone provide some info to get me going, I'm stuck at this for couple of days now... :(
xzminx

Re: Why linking to built library fails?

Postby chisser98 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi xzminx,

I just compiled webconnect and testapp myself, so I'm still pretty new to the library.

However, from your error description it sounds like you have not told the linker where the library is. Have you included the webconnect library in your Code::Blocks project?

In my linux environment, the library is located at "<install location>/webconnect/webconnect/libwebconnect.a". You'll probably have to add the library and it's location to your project. I've never used Code::Blocks, so I can't really tell you how to do that, but a quick google search should give you what you need.

Good luck,

Jarrett
chisser98

Re: Why linking to built library fails?

Postby xzminx on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 pm

I did link it correctly, but it's not working.
(When it cant find the library it gives a different kind of error)

Never mind now, I transferred my project to Visual Studio so I'm working there now.
xzminx

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback