Kirix Support Forums

Pane dockable in center

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Pane dockable in center

Postby petes on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:23 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to dock/undock a pane in the center of a window (as it is possible for bottom/top/left/right)?

Thank you,
petes

Postby Ben on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:09 am

Hello,

No, this is not currently possible, though it is theoretically quite possible. My only question is, what would be in the center when no pane was docked there? Perhaps empty space? I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby Huge on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:08 am

Hi,

As a suggestion/future possibility, I would like to see the centre being a standard MDI client window, with the ability to drag one or more panes into the middle to allow them to become MDI child windows in their own right. With no panes in the centre, you just get the standard empty MDI-Client area window.

Cheers,
Huge
Huge

Postby Huge on Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi,

I have just submitted a patch the the sourceforge patch manager to do as I suggested. From the description:

The mod adds the ability to specify "FloatFullFrame" option for wxAUI panes. When specified, this flag means that panes are placed in the normal "wxFrame", rather than the "wxMiniFrame". When in the wxFrame, the pane may also be iconized or maximised. Further, if the primary managed window is a wxMDIParentFrame, then the frame may be dragged into the MDI client area to become an wxMDIChildFrame, and later dragged back out.

This fix has only been tested on wxMSW, and requires patch 1626610 to fix MDI screen position calculations.

To drag a window out of the client area, you must first drag it to the edge, when it becomes a "normal" floating frame, and then you can drag it elsewhere.

If you do not specify the "FloatFullFrame" flag, then there should be no perceivable effects introduced by this change. However, the floatingpane code has been re-jigged to be an event handler so that it can be reused for normal frames and mdi child frames, as well as mini frames.

Cheers,
Huge
Huge

Postby Ben on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:31 am

Hi there,

This sounds very useful. It's a great option. I'll look at the patch.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback