Kirix Support Forums

Fixed width panes in horizontal docks

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Fixed width panes in horizontal docks

Postby antony on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to have the frame manager respect pane widths when docking a pane on the Bottom?

I want to place two panes in the Bottom dock, where one of the panes is stretchable and the other is fixed. However, no matter I try (setting Min/Max/Best Size, setting Fixed(), etc.), the frame manager always seems to split the horizontal space evenly between all panes docked on the bottom. If I dock the pane on the left or right, the fixed width of my pane is respected.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

-Antony Courtney
antony

Re: Fixed width panes in horizontal docks

Postby Ben on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:41 pm

You may have much better luck by setting the pane proportion of the two panes.

Min size remains at this writing unimplemented. We haven't forgotton about that.

All the best,
Ben

antony wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to have the frame manager respect pane widths when docking a pane on the Bottom?

I want to place two panes in the Bottom dock, where one of the panes is stretchable and the other is fixed. However, no matter I try (setting Min/Max/Best Size, setting Fixed(), etc.), the frame manager always seems to split the horizontal space evenly between all panes docked on the bottom. If I dock the pane on the left or right, the fixed width of my pane is respected.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

-Antony Courtney
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby Joel on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:43 am

how do you set the proportion?
Joel's Place
Project Administrator for the UPX GUI and developer for wxDev-C++

I want a legal copy of VS Professional! :P
Joel

Postby Ben on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 am

Hi,

You can set the dock_proportion member of wxPaneInfo. Make sure to set the proportion values large enough so that you have a small enough granularity. In other words, set it to something like 10000 and 20000, not 1 and 2.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback