Kirix Support Forums

Index Being Created Multiple Times

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Index Being Created Multiple Times

Postby MEB on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:00 pm

I am testing the Kirix Strata for 64-bit Windows version (Kirix Strata 4.5.4.2056 (64-bit)) on Windows 8.1. The project that I am using was generated under the 32-bit Windows version originally so relationships and indexes already exist. Currently, every time that I create a new relationship ALL the previous relationship indexes are generated again! Looking at the Indexes for one of the tables each Index has the same fields but duplicated once for each time any other relationship has been changed.

For instance the "child" file BillingDocumentItem has two fields in the relationship DocumentConditionNumber and BillingItemNumber. After updating other relationships to other files four times there are now four Indexes associated with BillingDocumentItem. The first has Index Fields of DocumentConditionNumber and BillingItemNumber. The second has Index Fields of DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber and BillingItemNumber! The third has Index Fields of DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber and BillingItemNumber! The fourth has Index Fields of DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber, BillingItemNumber, DocumentConditionNumber and BillingItemNumber!

This might not be so bad, but the BillingDocumentItem file has over 173,000,000 records!
MEB

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions