Kirix Support Forums

Page loads when hosted online, not when local

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

Page loads when hosted online, not when local

Postby jdx on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:43 pm

(cross-posted on Mozilla mailing-list)

I don't really know where to post this, hope someone can help...

1. I have a SWF which loads and plays a FLV video; this SWF is loaded in an HTML file.
  2. I can load this HTML file in FF itself (and other browsers, on Windows) and it works great. e.g file:///C:/Work/Test%20Files/vid1.html
  3. If I put this into my XULRunner app, it doesn't load
  4. If I host the files online, i.e just copy the file-structure online, it now does work in XULRunner as well as the browsers. e.g http://www.mydomain/test/vid1.html
  5. Visiting any regular Flash-heavy page online in my XULRunner app (like YouTube or Adobe's own Flash-test page) works fine too
Step 4/5 shows that my XulRunner app does have Flash set up and the files are all OK in themselves; and when the files are local other browsers are happy with them, only XUL seems to dislike the files when stored locally. I wondered if it might be some security issue?

I should note, on my personal P it works fine, on another PC it doesn't. I hope this might be enough someone smart can suggest things to test or avenues to explore. I don't really know what else to try right now.
jdx

Re: Page loads when hosted online, not when local

Postby jdx on Mon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm

OK, so further investigation leads me to beleive this is down to Flash local file restrictions. But not what to do about it. Can I do anything relating to XUL or is it a straight case of needing a FlashPlayerTrust entry adding?
jdx

Re: Page loads when hosted online, not when local

Postby jerry_mouse on Sat May 14, 2011 12:40 am

jdx wrote:OK, so further investigation leads me to beleive this is down to Flash local file restrictions. But not what to do about it. Can I do anything relating to XUL or is it a straight case of needing a FlashPlayerTrust entry adding?

Yes, you have to add a FlashPlayerTrust entry for each local file or folder.
XULRunner has nothing to do with this.
Or you can use 2 swf files: one built with local security flag for using on local computer, another with net security flag for online content.
jerry_mouse

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback