Kirix Support Forums

MySQL table retrieval issues

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

MySQL table retrieval issues

Postby achilles on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 am

Hi,
I am using strata as a mysql browser, and I have come across a couple of issues.
  • I see some weird behavior regarding mysql timestamp fields, but I also see that another person already submitted that at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=497
    The odd thing is that I only use timestamps, and yet they do not all uniformly display wrong, it only happens in two of my tables.
    I haven't found anything wrong or different with those fields as of yet.

• One of the tables (the biggest one, but not that big (2344 rows)) is not properly retrieved. Meaning, I only get 3 out of the 7 fields. The fields omitted are all text fields, so that is probably the problem.
    Update:the text fields are in fact the problem (tested it against other databases as well). This seems like a big deal, so you probably know about it, but I didn't find any relevant post, so i though I'd mention it anyway.
    It also seems that the mangled dates only come from tables that contain text fields. That could be pure chance though.
  • I also don't get all of the records back (is there a limit functionality i haven't come across? Probably not, since it seem to work a bit randomly) and the app also seems to freeze while trying to use this table from time to time.
mysql version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch1-log
encoding: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Kind regards, and bravo on the interesting app,
Achilles
achilles

Re: MySQL table retrieval issues

Postby Ben on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post and bug reports. I'll take care of your bugs right away. I can verify that you are right regarding the text fields.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby Aaron on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:50 pm

achilles wrote:Update:the text fields are in fact the problem (tested it against other databases as well). This seems like a big deal, so you probably know about it, but I didn't find any relevant post, so i though I'd mention it anyway.
It also seems that the mangled dates only come from tables that contain text fields. That could be pure chance though.

Good detective work. This is now fixed and will be available in a few days in the next beta release.

achilles wrote:I also don't get all of the records back (is there a limit functionality i haven't come across? Probably not, since it seem to work a bit randomly) and the app also seems to freeze while trying to use this table from time to time.

Are you actually missing records from the output, or are you referring to the "lazy" scrollbar that only shows additional records as you scroll down?

Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby achilles on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:14 am

Aaron wrote:Are you actually missing records from the output, or are you referring to the "lazy" scrollbar that only shows additional records as you scroll down?

No, seems like Strata does not retrieve all records. The scrollbar 'lazily' scrolls down to about 600 records, while the table contains around 2k records. Because of the text fields, these are fairly big records. line 80kB each. Maybe that could be an issue?
achilles

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions