Kirix Support Forums

Word Seach Not Working

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Word Seach Not Working

Postby markb on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 pm

When I use the Edit, Find feature and type in a word and click Find Next nothing happens. This occurs even when searching for words that I know are in the page that I am searching.
markb

Re: Word Seach Not Working

Postby Ken on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Can you let me know what type of document you are working on (web page, table, etc.)? Two potential things I can think of off the top of my head:

1. In order to Find Next, you need to have your cursor above the thing you are trying to find. So, if you happen to have your cursor at the bottom of a web page or a table, you won't be able to "Find Next".

2. If you are in a table and have a column or multiple columns highlighted, the Find only looks for things in those columns. So, if you're working on a table and have say Field1 highlighted, but are searching for something in Field2, nothing will happen.

If this doesn't solve the issue, can you provide a few more details about what the page is an example of a word you're searching for? Also, what OS are you on?

Thanks!
Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby markb on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:28 pm

It seems to be one particular site, I am looking at an SEC filing that is html format. I just tried a couple of other sites and the word search works fine. I'll send you the url I'm working with separately.
markb

Postby Ken on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 pm

That'd be great. If you don't want to show the URL in the forums, just shoot us an email at support@kirix.com. Thanks!

UPDATE: Strata is having problems using Find on websites that use Frames. We'll get that on the bug list.

Ken Kaczmarek
Kirix Support Team
Ken
Kirix Support Team

Postby Ben on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:09 am

Hello,

We've fixed the bug and the fix will be included in our next beta version, coming out soon.

Best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions