Kirix Support Forums

wxMac status and plans

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxWebConnect feedback here.

wxMac status and plans

Postby RobinD on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi,

I'm curious what the current status is for supporting wxMac and what the plans are for making it work better. I played around with it a few days ago and was able to get it as far as dynamically loading the mozilla libs from XulRunner, but it quickly went wobbly after that.

Robin
RobinD

Re: wxMac status and plans

Postby Ben on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi,

A wxMac port is pretty high-priority for us. I just got a mac and am new to the particulars of the environment, so any help would be appreciated. For starters, there is a pass-off of a raw widget handle from wxWidgets to xulrunner. I pretty sure most modern xulrunner builds are cocoa, so the carbon handle doesn't get us far (question here, are the handles interchangable?). As far as a cocoa/cocoa pair-up, I've not yet had the chance to try that out yet, but hearing that you got a little farther than a brick wall is encouraging.

Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby RobinD on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 pm

This should be discussed on wx-dev so we can more easily get Kevin and Stefan involved.
RobinD

Postby asaf.peleg on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 am

Hi all,

Short (newbie) question - where can I find the mac version? the current version is a windows only version as far as I can tell, does anyone have a ready-made xcodeproj ready for compilation? that would help me a great deal...

Thanks!
asaf.peleg

Postby Aaron on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Currently, only the Windows and Linux versions are available for download. However, we do plan on supporting a Mac version in the near future; see the roadmap for more information.

If you or anyone else would like to create the xcodeproj to help move the Mac version forward, we'd definitely appreciate the help. :)
Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxWebConnect Questions, Thoughts & Feedback