Kirix Support Forums

wxAUI MinimizeButton

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxAUI MinimizeButton

Postby chris0781 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:48 am

Hey,

can somebody tell me what's the trick about using the MinimizeButton ?

I've got some code like this:
Code: Select all
m_mgr.AddPane(mLeftSideWindow, wxAuiPaneInfo().Left().LeftDockable(true).
      RightDockable(true).MaximizeButton(true).MinimizeButton(true).Floatable(true).
      CloseButton(true).Caption(wxT("SystemExplorer")).CaptionVisible(true));
   m_mgr.Update();

The CloseButton and the MaximizeButton are both working, but the MinimizeButton doesn't show up.

I've got another Problem with the CentrePane()
Code: Select all
m_mgr.AddPane(mPaintBoardWindow, wxAuiPaneInfo().CentrePane().
      Dockable(false).Floatable(true).MaximizeButton(true).MinimizeButton(true).Floatable(true).
      CloseButton(true).Caption(wxT("Paintboard")).CaptionVisible(true));
   m_mgr.Update();

the problem is: although it is marked as floatable - it is not, it can't be moved :?

thanx for your help
regards
chris
chris0781

Re: wxAUI MinimizeButton

Postby Ben on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 am

1) The Minimize button is simply a placeholder for something that's planned for implementation later. We haven't defined what the minimize button should actually do, and it hasn't been implemented. This is why the button doesn't even show up.

2) Center panes, as of this implementation, can't be floated.

I'd be grateful for any ideas you might have about point #1. Also, help with getting it implemented would be appreciated.

All the best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby chris0781 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 am

Hey,
first of all, thanx for your answer.

I found something about the minimize-Button, but up to now, I didn't get it working, maybe somebody's got an idea how to implement it? Or maybe it just gives you a little help on the implementation:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10185

hmm.. but I need the centerpane to be floatable, first of all I tried to use MDI Frames, but that didn't satisfy my needs ... is there any possibility to make them floatable? I like the Aui style and I don't want to change it another time :wink:

have a nice day,
regards
chris
chris0781

Postby NinjaNL on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:02 am

chris0781 wrote:Hey,
first of all, thanx for your answer.

I found something about the minimize-Button, but up to now, I didn't get it working, maybe somebody's got an idea how to implement it? Or maybe it just gives you a little help on the implementation:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10185

Hi Chris,

That patch is mine. could you tell me what problems you are seeing as to it not working? Are you using SVN HEAD or 2.8.9 (or other) release.

If you point me in the right direction, I'll investigate the patch again.

You might also consider taking a look at this thread on the wxForum.
NinjaNL

Postby chris0781 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 am

Hey NinjaNL,

I just don't know how to implement this patch that it works correctly.
I'm using wxWidgets 2.8.9 - with AUI.
I tried to implement it with: patch -p0 < minimize_patch.patch
but there where no changes - means that there is still no minimize button.

Ben wrote that the minimize button isn't implemented, if I would get this update working, would there be a minimize button? So I will only have to figure out what's the problem with patching the AUI ...

thanx!
regards,
chris
chris0781

Postby NinjaNL on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 am

chris0781 wrote:Hey NinjaNL,

I just don't know how to implement this patch that it works correctly.
I'm using wxWidgets 2.8.9 - with AUI.
I tried to implement it with: patch -p0 < minimize_patch.patch
but there where no changes - means that there is still no minimize button.

I guess that you are working on Unix/Linux. I guess you could try
patch -p0 < minimize_patch.patch assuming the patch file is in the wxWidgets root level.

Or you could try manually editing the source files. The patch isn't that complicated, and should be simple to insert manually into the current code. Failing that, I'll generate a zip of my source tree here and you can use that.

chris0781 wrote:Ben wrote that the minimize button isn't implemented, if I would get this update working, would there be a minimize button? So I will only have to figure out what's the problem with patching the AUI ...

Yes, you would get a minimize button.

What "should" happen is that when you click on the "minimize" button, that the pane is hidden, a new AuiToolbar is created with a single button (with a restore icon), and docked in the default location - Top panes have a toolbar at the top of the frame, etc.

Pressing the newly created toolbar button, removes the toolbar and un-hides the original pane.

If you need any more help, give me a shout. I would prefer if you pm'd me on the wxforum, since I don't get email notification of anything here.
NinjaNL

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback